It’s almost a year later…the storm has a new name…but I thought this post bore revisiting. Although I am not physically with my friends and family in Wilmington, NC this time, I definitely am there in spirit… Here’s hoping the Meteorologists are all wrong AGAIN and Wilmington is spared Dorian’s wrath like most of Florida was!!
1.PEOPLE not possessions.
2. If you live on the coast, buy a generator.
3. Flashlights (and batteries) for EVERY room in your house.
4. Keep a supply of non-perishable food items in your pantry AT ALL TIMES.
5. Be patient, kind and helpful when you can.
6. Never underestimate the power of nature.
7. Water (and wine) will keep you from going insane.
8. Hard boiled eggs last for almost a week unrefrigerated.
9. In a pinch, evaporated milk makes scrambled eggs unbelievably creamy.
10. Having a grill with charcoal is a necessity.
11. Believe in the kindness and strength of the human race. We are capable of so much more than we know!
12. THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!